Families often spend large amounts of money on their kitchens. From customized countertops to high-end equipment, a kitchen renovation can put a significant dent in the typical family’s budget. It is because most families have a strong bond with their kitchens.
The kitchen receives a lot of funds, care, and attention because of the critical role it plays in establishing and sustaining family unity. As a result, you should select a classic kitchen design that will keep family traditions intact without any need for renovation.
Modern kitchen design trends aren’t necessarily fads. When properly utilized, some of the most popular features may offer a long-lasting design that is a great investment for your place. So, what are the classic kitchen styles that will not make you drawback in the next few years? These ideas will start your creative juices flowing and will assist you in designing a kitchen that is one-of-a-kind, new, and customized.
Kitchen As The New Family Room
Dining and sitting areas are increasingly being incorporated into kitchens to create a cohesive open floor design. As a result, they are resembling beautiful furniture and countertops are transforming into dining tables. A dining bench may provide comfortable seating for individuals who gather in the kitchen for reasons other than food. Follow these classic kitchen design ideas which have been popular for decades.
White On White
The white motif is a timeless choice for any space. The majority of the kitchen components will be white or a tint of white. It may be disconcerting to have every kitchen component be blatantly white, so you might want to spice things up with color-blocked tiles or contrasting shelving.
The concept is that white should be the main color in the kitchen, but other colors may be included as well. The beauty of an all-white shade kitchen is that it gives the sense of space since white reflects light better than any other hue.
As a result, if you’re already tight for space, you may want to try this out. If you want to make your kitchen look more elegant, install some beautiful lighting; the warmer the style or tone color, the better.
Blue Is Extensive
It’s classic and available in a range of colors including aqua, indigo, and sky. Furthermore, blue also works well in a range of small kitchen design styles. Consider it for islands, backsplashes, or even your perimeter cabinets if you want to be more creative.
A wooden kitchen is an example of a kitchen trend that will never be completely outdated. A wooden kitchen has a classic feel and a warm, visually pleasing appearance.
Having made use of wood works best if you live in a temperate area since the wood lasts longer and does not fracture due to changing weather conditions.
You may expect and think that having a wooden kitchen would be restrictive since there would be fewer décor choices for you to select from. That is not right. When you settle on a wooden kitchen, you have a lot of venation, color, texture, and other choices to select from.
Hardwood is suitable for wall paneling, flooring, and the majority of kitchen equipment. Oak, Walnut, and mahogany are examples of hardwoods. However, softwood species like larch and fir may be used to make fiberboard and chipboard.
Wood is an excellent choice for flooring since it offers high friction and avoids sliding incidents. In addition, the hardwood species are non-flammable.
They are durable and need little maintenance. For those who are looking for a classic choice, a wooden kitchen is a safe and great choice.
Cabinet and Drawer Organizers
Most people believe that institutions will never turn into old-fashioned vogue. While features such as pull-out cabinet drawers and built-in baking tray dividers aren’t new, they’re a must-have for classic kitchens when concealed beneath unfussy cabinet fronts.
- Lower Cabinet – Meanwhile, drawers are making a strong showing in the realm of bottom cabinets. Making it simple to stack things, allowing you to store pans, pots, and baking dishes for a more secure and better order.
- Shaker-Style Cabinets – Shaker cabinets have been in vogue for over 100 years, known for their simplicity of form and recessed doors. In farmhouse kitchens, Shaker cabinets are popular, however, they work with a wide selection of home décor.
Multiple Small Fridges In Place Of One Huge One
A refrigerator is an expenditure that you should approach with caution. Many households have a single large refrigerator in the kitchen. However, current kitchen trends indicate that having many tiny fridges rather than one large fridge may offer certain advantages.
First and foremost, it provides the effective use of existing space. Rather than having a large fridge occupying lots of room in your kitchen, you may have some of them strategically positioned in your kitchen, saving space. Other refrigerators are so tiny that they may be placed on counters or under tables.
It is also excellent for convenience of usage. When you have more than one fridge, you may store numerous food products that are identifiable together in one location, while with one large fridge, every food item needs to be thrown in together. You may also designate certain refrigerators for adults and others for children.
It may be more costly to buy several refrigerators rather than just one large one. Although, in general, the cost difference between purchasing one large fridge and two small ones may not be substantial.
Kitchens are becoming more technologically advanced as individuals grow more technologically aware. Whether it’s Wi-Fi-connected appliances or smartphone-controlled features, new technologies are emerging that make life simpler.
- Touch-Activated Faucets – These kinds of technology are the rage right now, and also for an excellent purpose. They are very straightforward to use. Water will pour out if you touch any portion of the kitchen faucet. As a result, if you appreciate the convenience, this functionality is an absolute necessity.
- Smart Appliances – Internet-enabled appliances will save you time and effort. They notify you when they need your attention, such as when the water filter in the refrigerator needs to be replaced or when your dishwasher should perform a specific cleaning cycle. You may also monitor the dishwashing cycle status, disable the dishwasher controls, and adjust the fridge temp remotely.
- Laundry Spot -Laundry equipment that is connected to the internet makes it simpler to clean clothes. When the cycle is over, the washer will send a message to your tablet or smartphone, letting you know when it’s time to transfer the load. When a load is finished, you may “command” the dryer to flip your clothes so they don’t crumble before you could get them.
- Back Door Drop Zone – A counter at the rear door serves as a drop zone, providing a convenient location for charging phones, dumping mail, and putting groceries. This innovative take on a kitchen workstation, with a seat and drawers on one side and bookshelves on the other, is also helpful for creating a grocery list or searching up a recipe. In addition, the small peninsula is near enough to the kitchen to cut down on steps.
Lighting is an important consideration when it comes to timeless kitchen ideas. Your primary emphasis should be on lighting choices that are not only beautiful but also durable and practical.
They should be able to withstand the passage of time and shifting fashions. Pendant lighting is one solution that checks all of these boxes. They were originally constructed from bamboo cages or cane baskets. They often hang from ceilings and include a source of light, such as a candle.
Pendant lights have survived for a long time, remaining a fixture in many kitchens even in this day and age, although in a more updated form.
Kitchen design tools and supplies such as these now exist in several forms and sizes and can be designed to look like any item. Aside from hanging pendant lights from your kitchen ceiling, there are many more methods to utilize pendant lights in your kitchen.
So, we’re considering that this one is a bit divisive. However, the appearance of open shelves may be beautiful. And you don’t have to go all-out open shelves to get in on the trend. Consider placing open shelves around a sink or in a single corner. Are you concerned that you don’t have something worthy of display? Simple white dishes, clear glasses, and brightly colored cookbooks are kitchen essentials that look great on display.
Subway tiles are not only flexible enough to fit with a wide range of design styles, but they will also not bore you in five years. While it may be tempting to go with a fashionable backsplash, such as colorful geometric tiles, sea glass, or metallic tiles, if you’d like a backsplash that will last, go for something a bit simpler.
If you are planning to redesign or renovate your kitchen, you should keep these kitchen trends in mind. Admittedly, some of these ideas might not work for you. However, be certain that whatever your preferences are, you will find something on our list to suit your needs. You must carefully evaluate your desired style, financial ability, and how long it will take before making any modifications to whatever designs you ultimately decide on.
Kitchen Remodel Simi Valley can help you achieve your timeless kitchen ideas, we can handle your kitchen remodeling regardless of the design, available space, and with considerations of your budget. Contact our team today to get started with your kitchen remodeling goals.